The State With the Least Fat People
Our daily newspaper, The Denver Post, is reporting that Colorado is the least obese State in the Union.
Hooray for us!
But, if you read the article, Colorado’s obesity rate has doubled since 1995. And, its top ranking rate of obesity is 19% compared to the national average of 25%.
49 States Are Worse
They’re not talking just about the people who are morbidly obese (they’re the moo-moo people who need help – immediately). They’re talking about 15 to 20 lbs. Take a look around you the next time you’re shopping, it is amazing what you will see!
And, while you’re at it, take a look at your own reflection in the window or a mirror. Better yet, look at yourself in your mirror at home – without clothes. What do you think of that? How many clothes have you stored away in your archival closet waiting for the time when they will fit again?
What is the matter with you people?
The time is past for being politically correct, or for that matter, sensitive. It is time for tough love! Forget the fact that your cloths don’t fit and you look unhealthy – focus on the fact that you are unhealthy.
We have written extensively about the health risks associated with being obese.
- Cancer, stroke, heart attack, arthritis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes are just a few of the things you have to look forward to if you maintain your current state of being overweight.
- We’ve dedicated more time writing about being overweight on the Americanutra blog, and in articles on the NUPRO website, than it’s worth. If you can’t find inspiration in them, then all is lost.
- Federal and State governments are considering, and in some cases passing, laws to protect you from yourselves forcing restaurants to post nutritional fact, that few people will read and, in some cases, banning certain cooking ingredients that are in foods people know are fattening.
- Even more frightening than that, these same bureaucrats are considering empowering Child Protective Services to remove overweight children from their homes!
You Do Not Have Big Bones
- Stop eating the crap that is making you fat.
- And, stop feeding it to your kids, too!
- If you think there is some potion, lotion or pill that will magically make you thin – you’re delusional!
We can help you overcome the habits that have, or will, put you in this predicament, but if you don’t stop sitting around and don’t stop putting chips, sweets, soft drinks and fast food in your mouth, you can’t change anything. And, the same goes for your kids.
No more excuses, delusion and, no more whining.
Studies repeatedly show that people are far more critical of other people than they are of themselves. Live Well Colorado is conducting a project on that very subject – helping people with an honest self-evaluation.
If you want help, we can and will help you. But, you must decide.
- Do you want to spend the last 25% to 35% of your life struggling with declining health because you are too weak to stop eating crappy food, or can you stop?
- What about explaining why CPS took your kids?
- And here’s a final thought: Based on the way things are going with insurance and in Washington, will you be able to pay your Doctor’s bills out of your own pocket once you reach your inevitable, and predictable, state of poor health?
It’s Your Life – It’s Your Choice.